Environmental programme 2020
Part of the Group’s development strategy and investment programme, Environmental Programme 2020 is aimed at minimising environmental impact and achieving the industry’s best-in-class environmental performance.
The aim of Environmental Programme 2020 is to:
- Achieve compliance with all environmental regulations for all NLMK Group companies.
- Reduce specific emissions by NLMK Group’s Russian operations from 22.6 to the steelmaking industry’s best available technology levels.
- Achieve zero waste water at all production sites.
- Increase recycling rate from 5 to 25%.
- Completely recycle accumulated waste including the slag heap in Lipetsk resulting from more than 80 years of operation and the 40-year-old sludge reservoir at NSMMZ in Revda.
Key projects within Environmental Programme 2020
NLMK Group’s total investment in environmental improvements and projects at its sites within Environmental Programme 2020 will exceed 10 billion rubles. The majority of the funds will be invested at the Lipetsk site.
- Reclamation of the industrial waste landfill.