VIZ-Steel is committed to making high-quality products with minimum costs. To this end, the production efficiency programs are implemented, including the introduction of energy saving technologies for the production processes.
Key strategic elements aimed at increasing energy efficiency:
- continuous improvement of the production processes to reduce consumption of energy resources;
- technological modernization, renovation of the equipment and application of new technologies;
- improvement of management systems for energy resource consumption;
- compliance with the requirements of the laws regulating resource consumption.
The company carries out certain measures in order to achieve the above objectives via optimization of the existing business processes and application of advanced technologies. As a result, specific energy consumption for the production of transformer steel has reduced by 16% over the last five years.
Key measures for improving energy efficiency:
• Replacement of the air separation equipment
• Modernization of the lighting systems
• Optimization of operation modes of the equipment
• Loss minimization of fuel and energy resources
- The cumulative effect of the measures taken within the energy saving program in 2015 – over RUR 129 mln.
- Annual power saving – about RUR 57 mln. kW-hr.
- Annual heat energy saving – 994.5 Gkal.
The company’s efficiency in terms of implementing the best practices in the field of energy consumption optimization and sustainable energy use was proven by the certification of its Energy Management System to the requirements of the international standard ISO 50001:2011 in 2014; the certification agency was the BSI (British Standard Institute).